Sunday, May 15, 2016

Fat Quarter Shop castle pillow cover

I saw this adorable pillow cover on Pinterest a week or two ago and I knew I needed to give it a try. I'm still very much a beginner quilter, so I thought it would be a good practice project. I went with the pink/purple colors used in the blog, but there is a good example of using patterned fabrics from She Quilts A Lot.



I pre-washed the fabrics but still had a moment of panic after I washed it, thinking the pink had bled. It may have been my imagination; after a second wash it looks perfect! I will be more careful next time to trim any pink threads that might be visible under the white fabric. This is with a 16 inch pillow form inside- I think it needs something a little bigger so I'll try an 18 inch one once I get to Joann's.

EDIT: 18 in pillow form was a much better choice. It fits perfectly!

You can find the link to download the pattern here and a brief Youtube video tutorial. Love free patterns!!


Other recent projects (please forgive the poor photos!):




No comments:

Post a Comment